Plugged-in: A lot of losing on the road

Plugged-in is your one-stop shop for all things Marquette Athletics from the past seven days. Look for Plugged-in every Monday morning.

Men’s Soccer Continues to Struggle  

The Golden Eagles suffered another loss this week after starting the season with six wins.

• Marquette was defeated 3-2 by UConn Saturday night, marking their fourth consecutive loss.  
  • The Golden Eagles scored twice in the first half, but the Huskies scored two late goals to win the game. 
  • Graduate student forward Brooklyn Merl received a red card in the 67th minute for shoving a member of the UConn coaching staff.

Volleyball No Longer Undefeated

The Golden Eagles lost their first Big East game this season in a 1-1 week.

• Senior outside hitter Aubrey Hamilton had 18 kills in Marquette’s 3-1 win over Seton Hall Friday.
  • Against the St. John’s Red Storm Saturday, the Golden Eagles were unable to close the match, losing 3-2 in five sets
  • The loss drops Marquette to second place in the Big East standings.

Women’s Soccer Missing Shots  

The Golden Eagles were unable to win either of their road games, ending with a 0-1-1 record for the week.  

• Both teams got red cards in the second half and played with only 10 players for the last 38 minutes of the game.

Happening This Week:

• Men’s soccer vs. DePaul Wednesday 7:05 p.m. CST at Valley Fields. Follow @MatthewBaltzMU on Twitter/X for live updates and the game recap. 
  • Women’s soccer vs. Georgetown 7 p.m. Thursday CST at Valley Fields. Follow @KaylynnWrightMU on Twitter/X for live updates and the game recap. 
  • Volleyball at Butler Friday 5 p.m. CST at Hinkle Fieldhouse.  
  • Volleyball at Xavier Saturday 5 p.m. CST at the Cintas Center. 
  • Men’s soccer at Akron Saturday 6 p.m. CST at FirstEnergy Stadium. Follow @MikeySeversonMU on Twitter/X for live updates and the game recap. 

This story was written by Sophia Woods. She can be reached at @[email protected] or on Twitter/X @SophiaWoodsMU.