Marquette is playing No. 1 Wisconsin in Fiserv Forum: Here’s what you need to know

Photo by Keifer Russell
The Golden Eagles are playing in Fiserv Forum Wednesday night at 7 p.m.

For the first time in Fiserv Forum’s history, it will be hosting a NCAA Division I women’s volleyball game.

Not to mention, it will be between I-94 rivals, Marquette and No. 1 Wisconsin.

Both teams won conference titles last fall and have a lot of expectations for this season. And for students of the home team, Marquette is giving them front row tickets.

Here is what you need to know:

When and where is the game?

The game will be held at Fiserv Forum Wednesday, Sept. 13. Opening serve will be at 7 p.m. CST.

If you cannot make it in person, you can go to the Union Sports Annex restaurant where they will be showing the game. Otherwise, it will be live broadcasted nationally on the Fox Sports 1 channel and ESPN+.

How do I get tickets?

Students can get tickets by entering a claim process that can be found in your email. You must enter your student Ticketmaster account information to be able to claim a limited allotment of tickets by following the link provided. Those tickets will be located in sections 105-107, 111 and 122.

All the student section tickets were sold out after students claimed the entire allotment on Thursday.

Other fans, or students looking for additional tickets, can get them by following this link or by going to gomarquette.com. Tickets range anywhere from $5 to $25 depending on the location of the seats within the arena.

What should I be expecting for the student section?

Wear any and all Marquette spirit wear you have to represent your school along with other students.

When Marquette is serving, you should be ready to join the rest of the student section in putting your arms in the air and moving around your fingers to give the Golden Eagles good luck.

How do I get to Fiserv Forum?

The Union Sports Annex on Marquette’s campus will not be providing shuttles to the game and back. Alternatively, it is common for students to take the 20- to 25-minute walk to Fiserv Forum. VEO and Lime scooters are available for students to take as well. 

How early should I get there?

For this matchup, the doors will open at 6 p.m. for students to start claiming seats. If you want a chance at a front row seat, you will likely have to be at Fiserv Forum when those doors open.

How long will the game last?

College volleyball games are played in a best-of-five-sets format. Because of that, the game could go until about 9 p.m. if all five sets are played.

How many people will be there?

The capacity for basketball games will be similar to volleyball games, so there are expected to be around 17,500 seats available. There are 2,000+ seats for students in the arena and those have all sold out.

This story was written by Benjamin Hanson. He can be reached at benjamin.hanson@marquette.edu or on Twitter/X @benhansonMU.