BREAKING: Car catches fire across from Al McGuire Center


Photo by Shane Hogan

A car caught on fire Sunday on Wells Street.

A silver minivan caught fire near 12th and Wells streets near the Al McGuire Center around 4 p.m. Sunday.

The car’s driver, a man not affiliated with Marquette, was driving in the area when his car overheated. The man’s engine caught fire but no one was inside the car or injured, university spokesperson Chris Stolarski said.

Marquette University Police Department and the Milwaukee Fire Department responded to the incident. Officials on the scene did not provide additional details.

Photo by Natallie St. Onge
MUPD and MFD responded to the incident.

Annie Mattea and Sydney Czyzon contributed to this story.

This story is developing.