Milwaukee music on the move

My first order of business is going to be an ongoing feature covering MKE X SXSW, an event showcasing Milwaukee talent at the one and only South by Southwest (SXSW) in Austin, TX. Every year in March bands flock to Austin to showcase their talents in hopes of getting discovered, meeting people in the industry and moving their careers forward. These band often operate on a deficit when traveling to SXSW to perform, this is where MKE X SXSW wants to come in. Hotel Foster, MilwaukeeHome and Festival City are teaming up and raising funds to make sure that the talent in Milwaukee does not have to spend their own money on travel and lodging costs this year.

There will be a sponsored MilwaukeeHome stage at SXSW with Milwaukee artists rocking out all day long, and Austin better be ready to take notice.

Visit the Facebook page for more information and consider donating to some good ole fashioned Milwaukee rock ‘n roll if you can (and hip hop and electronic and indie, seriously, Milwaukee’s got it all)! There is even cool swag involved at certain price points.

Be on the look out as I dive even deeper into the MKE X SXSW venture, bringing you interviews and updates on the project as MKE X SXSW approaches in March.

MilwaukeeHome