Dorm Room Workouts

Just the thought of working out in a gym can cause anxiety. You may be embarrassed by the amount of sweat dripping from your treadmill or be afraid that the natural blush pulsating from your cheeks is noticeable. If you’re nervous to work out in front of other people, working out in the privacy of your own room may be a better option. But dorm rooms are notoriously small. To make the most out of your indoor workout, here are some quick tips to get started:

Buy weights: Eight-pound hand weights can be used for a variety of different exercises. Through a simple Google search, thousands of workouts will me made available to you. Plus, you can lift them while watching your favorite TV show.

Download Apps: No surprise here, there is an app for workouts—dozens, actually. The Nike Training Club app is a popular choice for fitness-seekers. It features different categories for your fitness goals, and tailors the exercises to your problem areas. Another great app is Daily Workouts. This app has video tutorials so you know you how to properly perform the exercises.

Video intimidation is encouraging: Try a workout DVD. The intimating, gorgeous, sculpted physiques of the people in the video will surely make you want to work your butt off (literally). DVDs can be purchased at Target or online through Amazon or Barns and Noble.

Use the workouts from Pinterest: You pinned them for a reason. For those who haven’t pinned any, search “workouts” and you’ll be overwhelmed by routines of all types.

Just because you’ve abandoned the gym doesn’t mean you have to workout alone. Invite your friends, and move the workout gathering into the hallway or common room. People will admire your commitment to fitness.