Milwaukee Food Trucks

STREET-ZA

Nominated to be on the Food Network’s “The Great Food Truck Race” back in 2011 and featured in TIME Magazine, People Magazine, GQ Magazine and more, Streetza has made a name for itself as one of the best food trucks the U.S. has to offer. Streetza features fresh pizza straight out the oven, including fresh ingredients and organic toppings (when possible). Aside from their signature slices, Streetza sells special slices every day, which incorporate both personal recipes and those of their followers via social media. To find out where Streetza will be located on any given day, be sure to follow them on Twitter (@streetzapizza) or join them on Facebook (Streetza). They also have an iPhone app.

Price range: $3.75 per slice

Location: Marquette Campus, Wells Street

Hours: Lunch hours every

Wednesday

Popular menu items: Signature slices include the basics, such as

the “Say Cheese!” and “Very Veggie.”

“A Slice of Milwaukee” features

some of the classic tastes of the city.

SATELLITE CREPES

Considered one of the first green mobile food carts of Milwaukee, Satellite Crepes offers a gourmet menu of fresh crepes made with organic ingredients, all while putting on a show by cooking the food in front of their customers. The menu itself consists of both savory and sweet crepes, whilst allowing for a vegan batter option that consists of garbanzo bean flour, as opposed to the traditional buckwheat batter. Satellite Crepes brings the traditional crepe recipe of Brittany, France to Milwaukee and infuses their own flavor for delicious, high-quality food. Satellite Crepes food cart can be found strategically located throughout the city during lunch and after work hours, which are listed on their website and Twitter account (@satellitecrepes).

Price range: $4-8 per crepe

Location: Cathedral Square

Hours: Lunch hours 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
every Friday

Popular menu items: Sweet crepes include the classic “Satellite Crepe” featuring plain nutella.  Savory crepes feature the “Capricorn” with ingredients similar to that of a cheese pizza.

TIGERBITE

Tigerbite Truck arrived just as the concept of Asian style tacos began to take shape through food trucks across the country. Following in this idea, the flavors and styles offered through the Tigerbite Truck carry strong Asian, Latin and American influences. The food itself is served in a taco shell or in the style of a quesadilla.  However, much of the flavor is derived from Asian seasoning and marinade. Tigerbite Truck, in turn, creates an authentic meal that is considerably cheap for such gourmet offerings. Tigerbite Truck provides a weekly schedule of hours and locations on their website, as well as updates on their whereabouts through their Twitter account (@tigerbitetruck).

Price range: $2.50-$7

Location: On the corner of 9th and Wells Street

Hours: Lunch hours, typically 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., every Thursday

Popular menu items: The “Classic Taco,” which features Korean BBQ marinated steak and Asian slaw.

PITA BROTHERS

A simple philosophy started it all: “Quality Ingredients + Quality Flatbread = A Winning Taste Combination.” It acts as a perfect descriptor of the authentic and appetizing pita options offered at the Pita Brothers food truck. Combining a select Lebanese flatbread with flavorful ingredient combinations, Pita Brothers thrives on their ability to create memorable tastes with fresh vegetables and meats, as well as their homemade spreads and select cheeses. The Pita Brothers food truck can be found frequenting the Marquette Campus during lunch hours.  In order to find out exactly where they will be there, the chefs post the truck’s whereabouts on their Facebook (Pita Brothers) and Twitter (@pitabros) accounts.

Price range: $5.50 – $6 per pita

Location: Marquette Campus, on the corner of 15th and Wells Street

Hours: Lunch hours beginning at 11:30 a.m. on select days of the week

Popular menu items: The falafel is an instant classic, as is the chicken or steak & hummus. For a kick, try the Buffalo chicken pita (above).