Administrative changes in Office of the Provost announced, search for vice provost for enrollment begins January 2016

Provost Daniel Myers (left) and University President Michael Lovell (right) shake hands. Photo by Vale Cardenas.

Organizational shifts in the Office of the Provost were announced today in an email sent to the Marquette community.

Provost Daniel Myers selected Gary Meyer the move from vice provost for undergraduate programs and teaching to senior vice provost for faculty affairs. This is the second-in-command in the office of the provost and the Center for Teaching and Learning will report to him.

Meyer’s previous role will be redesigned and called vice provost for academic affairs. An internal search to fill the position will begin soon.

Marya Leatherwood is making the transition from interim vice president for student affairs to vice provost for strategic and academic planning. In this role, she will oversee the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis, as well as assessment, and guide the university’s strategic plan. James McMahon, former associate vice president and dean of Residence Life, will assume Leatherwood’s previous role.

Myers said the search for a vice provost for enrollment position will begin January 1, 2016. The vice provost for academic affairs position is also vacant.

“It was clear early on that Meyer and Leatherwood are strong, respected leaders at Marquette and they would be invaluable to me, the office and the university,” Myers said in the email. “I want to thank McMahon for taking on his new role as interim vice president for student affairs, which is one of the university’s most important leadership positions.”

All of the shifts will take affect August 17.