Bears. BEATS. Battlestar Galactica. – December 6, 2012

Song info to be updated soon!

Thinking about Tomorrow is something we’re all trying to avoid as finals week approaches, but our first artist Anika Moa makes it seem like such a great thing to do. Unfortunately for her, though, according to Nickel Creek, Tomorrow is a Long Time. That song by Nickel Creek is a cover of a Bob Dylan song and they cover it to great effect. While we’re speaking of long things, though, Caught a Long Wind by Feist is a great follow up. Feist sings about a little bird in her gorgeously eerie song and the tune almost replicates that of a bird on the wind. We all know that birds can be more spirited and lively, though, much like in Florence and the Machine‘s song Bird Song. The name of the song seems to be simple, but it seems to be a common theme for artists to name their songs *insert noun here* song. Minnesota artist Ellis has one of those songs, too. Hers is called Coffee Song.

Ellis says she’s tried tea, but prefers coffee. Yael Meyer, however, seems to like Tea for Two. Though a somewhat uncommon name, there are a few other great artists named Yael. For insance, Yael Naim, singer of the next song Far Far has a very distinctive light, airy musical style. Far is a great title and also happens to be one of my favorite Regina Spektor albums. Her song Wallet is one of her less-played songs off of that album. In the end of her story about a wallet, it gets returned to the owner, but other people, like the Steve Miller Band might have tried to Take the Money and Run.

While we’re on the topic of running, Bruno Mars encourages women to run from him in his song Runaway Baby. Although I personally hate the pet name baby, it’s used fairly often, especially in songs. Other pet names are also used, as are possessive titles, like My Man. Feist has a moon and a man in My Moon, My Man. While Feist claims the moon, Nora Jones wants to just Shoot the Moon. She talks about both summer and winter in her song, so we’ll follow it up with Winter Ghosts by JBM. Ghosts are also the topic of Paramore‘s Misguided Ghosts, which is a beautiful departure from some of their rock-styling.