MUSG briefs, 3/4 meeting

• Former senator Joey Kimes, a junior in the College of Communication, was elected to the vacant program board assistant position. Program Board Vice President Carly Nusser fully endorsed Kimes’ election. The Senate recognized Kimes’ extensive programming experience and flexibility and concurred that Nusser’s office would benefit from his appointment.
  • President Henry Thomas said Marquette Student Government has been working with the faculty committee on technology regarding recent “I-Clicker” initiatives. According to Thomas, MUSG stands in favor of enforcing a single, uniform clicker for all classes. This will alleviate the financial stress of students who must currently purchase new clickers for multiple classes, Thomas said.
  • Executive Vice President Stephanie Stopka reported on MUSG’s recent initiatives with the Department of Public Safety in its installation of new cameras on campus. She said DPS seeks student feedback pertaining to safety improvements. According to Stopka, DPS is considering a Twitter account or updates to their Facebook page to promote communication between students and DPS officers.
  • Stopka also reported that all Senior Speaker nominations were submitted.  Nominees are invited to formally apply for the role by today at 5 p.m.
  • During officer reports, it was announced that the Student Organization Allocations applications for non-club sports are due Friday by 5 p.m.