Stealing From Your Boyfriend’s Closet

Before I really took an interest into fashion, I was the kind of girl who picked comfort over style. I would gladly wear something from my boyfriend’s closet because it was big, comfy, and didn’t take much effort to put together. Thanks to the new trend of boyfriend jeans, shorts, and button down shirts, it’s natural for me to pick out clothes that can be comfortable while still pulling off a certain level of style. Here are three different ways to style these items.

Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze by aristokara featuring chronograph watches

For this first look, I’ve paired these semi-destroyed, light washed denim boyfriend shorts with a mesh crop-top. I threw in this Aztec print cardigan for those chilly summer nights, but the crop top and the boyfriend shorts can definitely stand on their own during the day. I also added a neon satchel to break away from the black and white scheme of this outfit. For hair and make-up, I would go for a either a high pony or just straight down with a neutral face palette and a soft pink lip.

If I was your Boyfriend
This outfit is incredibly lowkey but still very fashionable. It’s easy to lose some femininity when wearing boyfriend jeans because they aren’t as tight or as form fitting. To counter the looseness of the jeans and the tanktop I added in statement red pieces like the Zara sandals and the NARS lipstick. For hair and makeup, I would either put it in a fishtail braid or in a high sockbun with a smokey-eyed palette to make the face stand out more.
This last look is from my own closet. I took one of my boyfriend’s old denim shirts and had it tailored to fit my size. To make it more feminine I wore these lace crotchet shorts from Urban Outfitters and paired it with black Zara ankle-strap pumps. For an outfit like this, I would pair it with a brown cross-body purse with neutral makeup and a pink lip.
Happy styling!
xoxo