Marquette hosts Southeastern Louisiana Tuesday night at 8 pm. The Lions, a member of the Southland Conference, lost their season opener at Wisconsin, 87-47, Sunday afternoon.
Providence transfer Dre Evans led Southeastern Louisiana with 13 points, which shot just 35.7 percent against the Badgers.
Here are a few nuggets of information on tonight’s matchup:
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams. Marquette is 10-1 all-time against teams currently in the Southland Conference, most recently defeating Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in 2010.
- Marquette won its 12th straight season opening game on Sunday, defeating Colgate 84-63. The Golden Eagles are now 81-15 in their first game of a campaign.
- Southeastern Louisiana assistant coach Alex Hausladen is a Milwaukee native and graduated from Marquette High School.
- The Lions were picked to finish sixth out of 10 teams in the conference by the coaches and seventh in the sports information directors’ poll.
- During coach Jim Yarbrough’s first seven seasons at the helm, the Lions have produced more winning seasons (7) than any other Louisiana school.
- This is just the second-ever meeting for Southeastern Louisiana against a Big East team. The Lions played Pittsburgh in 2002.