My SAG(ging) Expectations

The SAG awards were this past Sunday, and, well, the fashion did exactly that; as each consecutive star passed, my interest sagged lower and lower, past the lowest point of Joan Rivers’ breasts. While the SAGs are no glorious event like the Oscars, Hollywood, you gotta at least LOOK like you’re trying.

First off, we have Anne Hathaway. Normally so, so pretty, but something must’ve happened to her head during the filming of Les Miserables because this was just awful. It cuts her off at the ankles and is just not a flattering fit for her.

1192978_ET_SAG_AJS_12

Next, we have the Blah-Blah Bunch. Yes, these stars looked good, but *yawns*, oh sorry, I almost fell back asleep looking at them.

blah

Filed under the category of “Easter dresses for a little 4 year old girl that don’t belong at the SAG awards” we have Rose Byrne. I don’t think this needs any further description.

rose-byrne-sag-awards-2013-red-carpet

Finally, you’d think a male dressing for awards shows would be really easy; literally all you have to do is put on a black tuxedo, make sure it fits well, and you’re golden. Well apparently Justin Timberlake can’t follow instructions any better than he can act, because he turned up in this….A gray plaid tux/suit/I don’t even know what with a striped shirt and a weird design on his tie……….go back to making music, JT.

justin-timberlake-sag-awards-2013

Now for just a few honorable mentions: Marion Cotillard is flawless and looks beautiful, but the dress falls under the “blah” category as well.

19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Arrivals

Nicole Kidman actually looks gorgeous and young (I know, Nicole Kidman!), but I’m not her biggest fan—that’s why she’s only an honorable mention.

Lastly, Morena Baccarin is pretty much flawless, but I’m still bitter towards her for making things very awkward for me when watching Homeland with my dad (hint: a lotttt of sex scenes. Showtime sex scenes, no less, so it left nothing to the imagination…yeesh).

morena-bacarrin-zuleikha-robinson-sag-awards-2013-red-carpet-02

Anywho, that’s about all that happened at the SAG Awards, let’s hope Hollywood steps it up for the Oscars.

(All images courtesy of www.justjared.com)