Boys Can Be Fashionable, Too

Alas, the frigid weather finally arrived in Milwaukee (and then left for a day or two, but then came back again…sigh), so I’m sure you’re all wondering, “How can I stay fashionable and impress Elle during the winter when I have to wear a big bulky coat?” Well, first I want to thank you for thinking of me; I appreciate you valuing my (usually right) opinion. Just kidding (maybe). Second, the real reason I’m here is to discuss how to stay fashionable (and warm!) for this loooooong, cooooold season with ACCESSORIES! I know I’ve been talking about female fashion lately, but one of my friends asked me to write about our testosterone-packed counterparts, so men, I’m talking accessories for you; don’t stop reading! Cold-weather accessories are a fun way to ramp up your winter coat and show your personal style, even on the bitterly cold streets of Marquette.

1) The scarf. While some of my male acquaintances may think it’s too feminine to wear a scarf, I say, “Screw gender roles!” My dad is probably the most masculine man I know, and even HE will wear scarves from time to time. I’m not saying you have to wear a frilly pink one, but a simple solid deep color or subtle pattern like one of these paired with a plain pea coat will keep you warm and looking good. Scarves are sexy!

2) Gloves. Now I know men supposedly don’t mature until they are 27 years old, but let’s step out of grade school, please. Put awayyyy the plastic-y (for lack of a better word) snow gloves (unless you’re actually dealing with snow, which I doubt because you probably don’t have time on the way to class, but then again there’s the whole “not mature until age 27” thing so who knows); break out the leather or knit gloves! They’re much warmer, look better, and mesh better with your outfit. Try out one of these basic pairs (or even find a color, if you dare); the insides are lined and suuuuper soft, but no one has to know about the fuzziness you feel every time you put them on.

3) Hats. Not exactly sure why these are a thing, but put one of these on and the ladies will run away faster than you can say “THIS” as in “THIS IS A STUPID IDEA, WHO THINKS OF THESE?”

Stick with a basic print or color (that won’t clash with your scarf or coat!) like these and you’re good.

I kept it easy for you gents, ALL of these items can be found on www.bostonstore.com (or in their stores), so there’s no excuse for you not to use my suggestions when looking for winter accessories! It may be cold outside, but, follow me, and you’ll be lookin’ HOT!