Voting: Just Do It.

Source: http://dft.ba/-2ryZ

As college students we have finally reached the beginning of adulthood. We’re living on our own, joining the armed forces, and even buying lotto tickets. But voting is one adulthood right college students are failing to take advantage of.

Voting rates among young adults has gone down over the past few elections for various reasons, like a lack of interest or an inability to decide. This video from the Vlogbrothers on YouTube addresses a few of those reasons specifically and explains why young voters should rethink ditching the booths on November 6th.

Before you decide not to vote, remember this: There is no reason for you to complain about who ends up as our President if you don’t participate in the first place. Even if the candidate you vote for doesn’t win, you still contributed to a larger cause. You had a voice.

I understand things come up last minute, and it can be hard to make it to the polls. If that’s the case, plan ahead. Look into voting early or fill out an absentee ballot if you’re not registered in Wisconsin and can’t make it home to vote.

Being able to vote is a privilege that not every country gives to its citizens. We should be thankful that we have the ability to make a difference in the future of our country.