Your Fall Break To-Do List

The last paper is submitted, last answer bubble has been filled, and now most of you are packing suitcases/duffel bags.

Fall break is finally here, and although you are free from work for the next few days, try not to spend all of your time on Netflix. Keep these following tasks in mind to help you get the most out of your days off.

Source: http://dft.ba/-2d9U

1. CATCH UP ON SLEEP!

Need I say more?

2. Reconnect with the past

Some students, including myself, will utilize fall break to visit their old high schools to see teams and clubs that they were a part of. I know that visiting high school might seem like the last thing you want to do right now, but having the satisfaction of walking through the hallways as an alum may not be something you want to pass up. You can also visit any old parks you always went to, especially since Marquette is in an urban environment. I know that I’m going to take a few bike rides on my neighborhood’s trail.

3. Fill in your family and friends

Get prepared to tell some college stories. No matter if you want to or not, you’re most likely going to have to update your friends and family on your college life. Of course, you can’t tell them everything. So try beforehand to pick out the highlights from the past 2 months so you’ll know what to say right when they ask.

4. Make time for the siblings

If you have a younger sibling or an older one who is out of college/on break as well, make sure you spend some time just with them. It can be as simple as going to get ice cream or driving them around. This sounds pretty obvious, but with only 4 days off, time might fly by faster than you think.

5. Stock Up

If there are some things that you forgot on move in day or just need more of, remember to pick them up at home! Make a list of what you need and how much you need of it while you’re packing.