Your Online College Consultant

It’s more than a month into the new school year and we’re set in our schedules, just as the leaves are starting to fall. By now you either know of or have gotten acquainted with your dean/counselor for whenever you need advice or guidance.

The guidance services provided by Marquette need to be utilized by every student. But there are some questions that adults can’t answer in the same was as, say, someone fresh out of college. There are times where a younger perspective on things will benefit us more, and your older sibling won’t always be there to answer all of your questions immediately.

Luckily, there is a place to find “older sibling” advice, and it’s open 24/7.

Answerly, a YouTube channel that is home to 3 weekly advice shows. Every Monday a college advice video is uploaded by Hayley Hoover, who is well known on YouTube for her personal channel, hayleyghoover, which has amassed over 63, 000 subscribers by date of publication. She is a 22-year-old Creative Writing student at Ohio State University.

Source:http://dft.ba/-1YlH

Each week Hayley takes a topic and gives straightforward advice with a unique comedic timing. Her casual and relaxed vibe make you feel like you’re not being talked down to. And the videos aren’t all strictly catered towards underclassmen, you can watch the majority of them at any point during college and find some relevancy.

This show has been going for almost a year now, so she has already covered a wide variety of topics from the freshmen fifteen to making a class schedule to drinking games. The average time of each video is 2 to 4 minutes, so they only take a bit of time out of your day. But what you get is current, non-generic advice that can help in a situation when you’d need it most.

The full playlist of videos Hayley has already done on Answerly can be found here.