The Grammys being interesting? That’s an understatement.

By Casby Bias

The 54th Grammy Awards definitely gave me something to think about on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012. Adele had a successful comeback, Nicki Minaj worried fans with an abstruse (crazy) performance—thank you, alter-ego Roman—and the tributes for legendary Whitney Houston and Don Cornelius both (in their own special ways) left me with quite an unquenchable appetite for more.

Adele, congratulationson all of those shiny new Grammy awards! Despite a recent throat surgery, no one underestimated the things that she would do that night. You could just hear a pin drop as viewers around the world waited for Adele’s much-anticipated performance. Ah, the grin that started to emerge from Adele’s face before she belted out that memorable lyric: “We could’ve had it ALLL…” from “Rolling in the Deep.”Go on ahead, girl.Nicki Minaj…

Click to see Hudson's performance of "I Will Love You" in homage of Whitney Houston

In other news, I just loved Jennifer Hudson’s performance. Viewers were blowing up Twitter even before the Grammys, tweeting about how they just knew you were going to rock Whitney’s song. You did. Rest in peace, Whitney Houston.

Nicki Minaj…

On the other hand, what did everybody think of that Don Cornelius tribute, huh? Did everyone enjoy that person (I think) with the gigantic (horrible) mouse head, bobbing to (creepy) techno music? What a great tribute, Deadmau5, to Don Cornelius (sarcastic applause)!

Nicki Minaj–what was with the Little-Red-Riding-Hood-Scary-Movie-Two getup? Why did you suddenly float into thin-air for no reason? Sigh.

Last but not least, I would just like to thank this year’s Grammy Awards for yet another unforgettable evening!