Teach me how to bloggy

I am, in short, a blog-a-holic.

But even more so, I am a fashion blog-a-holic.

And my guess is that since you read this blog, you are too.

This Monday, I want to share with you my favorites.

Although, for some reason I am a little hesitant to do so. Yes, yes, it’s silly to think that I am the only one that reads these blogs, but I like to think I am. Here is this random woman sharing some darling outfits with me, and I love to think that her posts are only for me… as I ignore the 579 comments underneath the caption.

But alas, I will let you in on my little secrets.

If you love fashion, or just appreciate something aesthetically pleasing in your life, check these out.

So without further comment, here are Katelyn’s top five fashion/style blogs that I refuse not to browse at least 100 times a day.

5. Pink Lemonade: Welcome to the lovely world of Isabelle Lafleche, a woman who just knows what looks nice. With an assortment of fashion news, cutesy quotes and darling commentary on the hottest fall fashion campaigns, Pink Lemonade could be your once a day style blog stop and you’d be up to date. Better yet? She updates her blog every day, so you won’t ever have Pink Lemonade withdrawl. Ps. She has a book! Doesn’t it look lovely?

4. Garance Dore: There is nothing average about this lovely French woman, wife of the ever popular Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist. With an eye for pretty street style and whimsical illustrations (done by her!) that make you want to frame one and hang it in your bedroom, Garance takes us inside her European flair for style and leaves a smile on our fashionable faces. Ps. Sometimes her hubbie even blogs about her, so adorable!

3. The Photodiarist: With a sort of mysteriousness about him, this street photographer takes us into a black and white world of fashionable close-ups and memorably gorgeous subjects. I think his description sums up his work perfectly: I am a diarist of ordinary moments that move me. I gravitate towards black and white photography but still celebrate color. I love the candid capture but respect the power of the choreographed moment. I study the rules of phos+graphis but am compelled periodically to ignore them… What an artist, don’t you think? Ps. He does do some photography in color, and it’s eye catching to say the least!

2. On the Runway: If the previous blogs are features stories, Cathy Horyn’s New York Times blog is the hard news. Her hard facts and often confusing fashionable jargon can be hard to swallow unless you’re current on the world of high fashion. But if you’re headed to Jenna Lyons’ brownstone for dinner, you may want to read a few dozen posts from On the Runway… and take notes. If you want a candid opinion on runway shows, without the fluff, then Cathy Horyn is your woman. Ps. I’m so jealous of all the shows she gets into.

1. Atlantic – Pacific: What is there to even say about Blaire Eadie (besides that she has the best name ever)? I am obsessed with her style. Usually I’m turned off to bloggers who take pictures of themselves in clothes and put them on the internet. But not Bee. With her perpetually red stained lips and “I would have never thought to put that together” ensembles, you can’t help but love this California native (and want to go on a shopping spree in her closet). The basics she uses to put her outfits together are easily translatable to anyones wardrobe, and the inspiration on her blog is endless. Wouldn’t it be fun to go shopping with her? Ps. Her tweets are fabulous.

Readers, what are your favorite style blogs? I would love to have some new ones to peruse!