A James Bond Moment

A true gentleman knows that appearances often speak louder than words. And no one knows that better than Bond, James Bond. Exude confidence and sophistication as you derive your style from the mysterious and refined 007. With Bond as inspiration, you will pull together an effortlessly classic ensemble that will show the world your charm and style.

Images taken from quasimorto.tumblr.com and faces-of-hollywood.tumblr.com

Ryan Gosling is a perfect example of a day-to-night look inspired by Bond. On the left, Gosling is sporting a striped-button down, black linen trousers, and some vintage-inspired shades. Forget the tie and roll up your sleeves to give a casual yet put-together impression. On the right, Gosling threw on a blazer to complete his suit; he is ready for a night on the town. For the finishing touch, part your hair on the side and slick it back for a truly classic look.

Image taken from adrummerinpearls.tumblr.com

Where might you find some supplies for this iconic ensemble? Check out Banana Republic’s winter 2011 collection, which features suits, blazers and men’s accessories in assorted styles and fabrics so you can add your own twist to this look.

Image taken from bananarepublic.tumblr.com

Retro-inspired shades, like those seen on Gosling, don’t have to break your budget. Warby Parker has a fantastic collection of eyewear, all of which cost $95. To top it off, for every pair they sell, they give a pair of glasses to someone in need. But if $95 seems like a stretch, look around at any thrift store – they’re sure to have similar styles, for much cheaper.

Image taken from warbyparker.com

Don’t forget the details. Every gentleman should own a classy watch. Show off your timeless style with a leather strap and analog timepiece, such as “The Mellor” by Nixon.

Image taken from nixonnow.com

• T

Tim DeMarcoDec 8, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I’d rather not be like bond but be like myself <3333 disney. But really I'd rather aspire to be Tim instead of Ryan Gosling. Cool article but No thanks, I'm not sure who it's going to be next year but I'm pretty sure it still wont be Tim. Modern abridgments of the gentleman should be reflected in chivalry not in style. I hope banana republic does well this quarter but it wont be on my dime.