Tim McMahon named new vice president for university advancement

Photo by Wire Stock Photo

Tim McMahon was named the new vice president for University Advancement, President Lovell announced Sept. 13. McMahon will start his new role Oct. 1.

“Tim understands the importance of our mission and the passion of our alumni base,” Lovell said in a statement released to the university. Lovell said McMahon has spent the last five years at a similarly-sized university with a tradition of academic excellence and athletic programs.

McMahon currently serves as Villanova University’s senior associate vice president in their office of university advancement. There he has led day-to-day office activities for five years, annually bringing in new gifts and pledges as well as alumni giving. He will bring with him nearly two decades of higher education experience.

“Under President Lovell’s leadership, Marquette is making a name for itself as an innovative leader in Catholic, Jesuit higher education,” McMahon said in the press release. “I am very excited to join and humbled to lead a successful and dedicated advancement team as we work to build a sustainable culture of philanthropy throughout the entire Marquette community.”

McMahon received a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Hofstra University and an MBA from Fordham University.

“This is a time of great momentum at Marquette, and I look forward to partnering with the university’s passionate alumni, parents and friends to help support the groundbreaking initiatives, projects and programs taking shape at the university,” McMahon said.