Bennett adds three to men’s soccer recruiting class

Photo by Maggie Bean
Louis Bennett has brought in 13 recruits for next season.

Marquette men’s soccer coach Louis Bennett added to his already large incoming recruiting class, announcing the additions of Cade Dombrowski, Diego Núñez and Michael Gallo.

Dombrowski is a midfielder from Hales Corners, Wisconsin. He scored 17 goals and 31 assists last season for Whitnall High School, helping the Falcons go 20-3, the best record in school history.

His five older brothers all played collegiate soccer at UW-Milwaukee.

“Cade is a strong, determined, hard working and versatile player that we’ll look to develop in the centerback and midfield positions,” Bennett told GoMarquette.com. “He comes from a family of high-performing college and pro soccer players well-known in the Milwaukee area. The key for Cade will be how quickly he gets acclimated to the college speed and intensity of play, plus – like all freshmen – college life in general.”

Núñez is a Spanish-born striker from just outside Madrid, where he starred for his club team RSD Alcala. He scored 25 goals and 25 assists as a member of Spain’s U-19 team.

“Diego is a quick, tricky, intuitive attacker that plays both sides of the ball,” Bennett told GoMarquette.com. “He has gained good experience playing his soccer in the competitive third and fifth divisions of Spain where he has made and scored goals, something I believe he can do for us at Marquette.”

Gallo played for Chicago Magic PSG, scoring the final goal in the team’s 2015 U.S. Youth Soccer National Championship. He set New Trier High School’s scoring record with 23 goals his freshman year, but has since moved to a defensive role.

“Mike adds depth to our outside back position,” Bennett told GoMarquette.com. “He’s a Chicago-based player that has been playing and involved in the U.S. Soccer Development program with Chicago Magic. He also knows Marquette well.”

Gallo played with fellow incoming recruit Luka Prpa while with Chicago Magic PSG.

All three players are available to play in the fall. The additions move the recruiting class to 13 players, Bennett’s largest since coming to Marquette. Núñez is the fourth international player in this group.