Sobelman’s to open in the BMO Harris Bradley Center

One of Milwaukee’s burger joints will soon be available for Milwaukee Bucks games at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

Sobelman’s will open a location on the 400 level of the Bradley Center, where the Marquette men’s basketball team plays, restaurant owner David Sobelman said.

“We’ve yet to sign the papers but we will be signing something within the week,” Sobelman said.

The deal materialized when a Milwaukee Bucks representative met with Sobelman to sell him season tickets. Sobelman mentioned the idea of obtaining a concessions stand in the Bradley Center and to Sobelman’s, the representative was open to the idea. Sobelman announced the news in an interview with The Sports ReKap, a Marquette Radio program Tuesday night.

“I threw it out there to the salesman as a joke to give me a stand in the arena,” Sobelman said. “Surprisingly, he said maybe we could actually do something like that.”

As of now, Bucks games are the only events at the Bradley Center that will offer Sobelman’s. Sobelman is in the process of working on a deal with Marquette to have them at men’s basketball games, but nothing is certain yet. The Milwaukee Admirals also will not have the Sobelman’s concessions stand, and a deal with them is less likely, Sobelman said.

“I think there might be a chance that we serve at a couple Admirals games, but as far as I know, Bucks games are for sure and I have to make a deal with Marquette,” Sobelman said.

New Bucks owners Marc Lasry and Wesley Edens have said to local media outlets that they hope to bring local businesses to the Bradley Center. When Sobelman received a tour of the Bradley Center as a season ticket holder, he was offered an option to occupy one of the concessions stands in the Bradley Center.

“The new owners are into this kind of thing,” Sobelman said. “They want to go after local businesses.”

Sobelman’s will go in the space currently occupied by the Numbers Lounge. It will sit between a bar and another concessions stand owned by the Levy restaurant company.

Not all of the Sobelman’s menu will be offered at the Bradley Center location, though.

“Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries and the basics,” Sobelman said. “It will just be a minimal menu.”

The arena location will not sell alcohol but Levy restaurants will sell Sobelman’s trademark bloody mary’s next door, Sobelman said.

“We should be be selling burgers by late this month or early next month,” Sobelman said.