DPS Reports 4/9 – 4/14

Photo courtesy of Marquette's website.

Photo courtesy of Marquette's website.

Melanie Lawder

4/9

At 5:40 p.m., an employee reported alleged hazing incidents by a fraternity between Jan. 1 at 12:01 a.m., and April 9 at 11 a.m. An investigation is ongoing.

Between 1 a.m. and 1:19 a.m., an employee reported that unknown person(s) removed secured, unattended university property estimated at $20 in Straz Business Administration.

4/10

At 10:56 a.m., an unidentified passenger in a motor vehicle grabbed the arm of a person not affiliated with Marquette riding a moped and shoved the moped driver causing him to lose control of his moped and fall to the ground in the 1400 block of W. Wisconsin Ave. The moped driver sustained minor injuries. MPD and MFD were contacted. MFD treated the driver on the scene. Further medical assistance was declined. The moped was also damaged.

Between 4:40 p.m. and 4:50 p.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette acted in a disorderly manner over the telephone to a student in the Dental School.

4/11

Between 1:15 a.m. and 1:30 a.m., a student reported that unknown person(s) removed her unsecured, unattended cell phone estimated at $600 in a residence in the 800 block of N. 16th St.

Between 6:50 a.m. and 6:53 a.m., a student reported that an unidentified subject acted in a disorderly manner in the 900 block of W. Wisconsin Ave.

4/12

Between 12:38 a.m. and 1:18 a.m., three students and a person not affiliated with Marquette were involved in a physical altercation in the 1700 block of W. Kilbourn Ave. MPD was contacted and medical assistance was declined.

Between 11:30 a.m. and 11:50 a.m., a student reported being grabbed at the neck by another student in McCormick Hall. MPD was contacted and medical assistance was declined.

At 8:33 p.m., two people not affiliated with Marquette left a business without paying their bill and got into a confrontation with the staff. DPS verbally detained the subjects and they were taken into custody by MPD.

4/13

At 12:16 a.m., an underage student was in possession of alcohol and drug paraphernalia in the 2100 block of W. Michigan St. The student acted in a disorderly manner and was physically restrained by DPS. MPD was contacted and cited the student. The intoxicated student was transported to a hospital for treatment.

At 1:13 a.m., a student reported that an unidentified subject vandalized the student’s property in a residence in the 900 block of N. 14th St. causing an estimated $2,000 in damage. MPD was contacted.

At 1:13 a.m., a student reported being punched in the face by an unidentified subject in a residence in the 900 block of N. 14th St. MPD was contacted and medical assistance was declined.

4/14

At 3:18 a.m., DPS observed a person not affiliated with Marquette asleep at the wheel of a running vehicle in the middle of the 16th St. viaduct. MPD was contacted and took the driver into custody for operating a vehicle while intoxicated.