Track athletes take home six individual titles in Illinois

Trib File Photo

Trib File Photo

The Marquette men’s and women’s track and field teams won six individual titles at the Lee Calhoun Invitational in Macomb, Ill. this weekend. The women’s team took first with a total of 178 points, while the men took third with 125 points.

Junior William Koeck broke his own school record by winning the men’s hammer throw with a distance of 60.84 meters, and senior Bret Hardin placed third with a throw of 55.85 meters.

Senior Carlye Schuh again placed first in multiple events, winning the women’s 200-meter dash with a time of 25.81 seconds and the long jump with a leap of 5.94 meters.

Sophomore Kayla Spencer won the women’s 1500-meter run with a time of 4:49.52, while junior Haley Loprieno took second in 4:52.30.

Junior Samantha Kennedy won the women’s hammer throw with a toss of 56.03 meters. Senior Kristen Gaffey took second in the women’s discus with a distance of 42.83 meters and fourth in the shot put with a put of 12.84 meters.

Sophomore Kellie Greenwood claimed the women’s 3000-meter steeplechase crown with a time of 11:18.38, and freshman Abigail Busse placed second in 12:16.00. Sophomore William Hennessey was runner-up in the men’s 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:46.45, while junior Marc DiVerde took fourth in 9:56.44 and sophomore Ryan Shields finished fifth in 10:03.24.

Freshman Bridget Bodee took second in the women’s high jump with a height of 1.55 meters, and senior Michael Saindon placed second on the men’s side with a height of 2.08 meters.

Marquette took second through fifth in the women’s 5000-meter run, beginning with freshman Brittney Feivor (time of 18:13.34), followed by junior Rebecca Pachuta (18:30.94), freshman Maggie O’Loughlin (19:25.72) and freshman Tammi Del Ponte (20:17.77).

Freshman Arra Strong finished second in the women’s 100-meter dash with a time of 12.45 seconds and fourth in the 200-meter dash in 26.79 seconds. Freshman Brandon Bell took fifth in the men’s 100-meter dash with a time of 10.90 seconds.

Junior Krista McClure finished runner-up in the women’s 800 meter run with a time of 2:17.74, while sophomore Michael Corr placed fifth in the men’s 800 with a time of 1:57.40.

Freshman Christian Zambrano took third in the men’s 1500-meter run with a time of 4:04.10, while classmate Nate Gomoll placed fourth with a time of 4:04.84. Junior David Sadjak finished fifth in 4:07.59.

Freshman Allison Parker finished fourth in the women’s 400-meter dash with a time of 58.83 seconds, and sophomore Anton Rice placed fifth in the men’s 400-meter dash with a time of 49.43 seconds.

Sophomore Tatyana Pashibin placed third in the women’s heptathlon with 4,134 points, and classmate Jordan Smith finished fifth in the men’s decathlon with a total of 4,526 points.

Other noteworthy finishes include junior Abby Croft, who took third in the women’s pole vault with a vault of 3.33 meters, and sophomore Brett Tobin who placed fifth in the men’s triple jump with a leap of 13.23 meters.

The Golden Eagles resume action Thursday at the Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut, Cal.