Sideshow

What a sick, twisted journey this thing took us on, huh?

We watched Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh try to kick an extra point, a ball boy in Oakland using his lofty position with the club to get a date, mascot antics and enough groin shots to force us to put our urologist (as recommended by Oakland Raiders receiver Louis Murphy) on speed dial.

Sadly, though, it’s time again to roll up the Sideshow tent for the summer and wait to see if my successor will allow the show to go on. I hope that person will. Legacies are sweet, even if I was only part of one for a short while. Besides, someone has to keep the legend of the “man (or woman) with the diamond tears” alive, right?

If you find yourself moping around during the summer and feeling like something is missing in your life, it’s just the Sideshow.

Not to worry. There is a cure. You can get sporadic doses of sports witticism through my Twitter account (@Tim_Seeman), which just missed the cut on Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential accounts by roughly 14 kazillion votes. Tribune writers can’t get all the accolades, after all.

Anyway, it’s time to say my last goodbye and give my last tidbits of advice: Keep your eye on the ball, always see what you hit and don’t use the touch of death on your sister.