DPS reports 4/29-5/1

April 29

At 5:40 p.m., two underage students were in possession of alcohol and a false ID at the 1400 block of West Wells Street. The Milwaukee Police Department was contacted.

At 6:22 p.m., a person not affiliated with Marquette trespassed in Gesu Church and was taken into custody by MPD.

At 7:11 p.m., an underage student was in possession of alcohol and a false ID in the 1400 block of West Wells Street. MPD was contacted.

April 30

At 12:58 p.m., a student reported observing a person not affiliated with Marquette remove another student’s unsecured, unattended property in Cudahy Hall at 12:55 p.m. The suspect dropped the property when confronted by the student witness and the student victim outside of Cudahy, and fled the scene. Department of Public Safety officers located and detained the suspect until he was taken into custody by MPD. The student’s property was recovered.

At 2:43 p.m., a student reported that between Friday, April 29 at 11:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 30 at 12 a.m., an unknown person(s) removed his unsecured, unattended property estimated at $45 from a business in the 1600 block of West Wells Street. MPD assistance was declined.

At 10:51 p.m., a student was found to be in possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia in Cobeen Hall and was taken into custody by MPD.

At 11:30 p.m., DPS observed three individuals not affiliated with Marquette loitering with open intoxicants in the 1600 block of West Wells Street. DPS had also observed via camera the three subjects prowling in the 2000 block of West Michigan Avenue. MPD was contacted and took the subjects into custody.

May 1

At 12:19 a.m., a student vandalized university property in McCormick Hall, causing an estimated $500 in damage. Facilities Services was contacted.

At 1:50 a.m., DPS observed a vehicle driven by a person not affiliated with Marquette strike and cause damage to a city-owned tree, bike post, trash receptacle and window of a business in the 1600 block of West Wells Street. MPD was contacted and cited the driver. No injuries were reported.

At 3:50 a.m., a student reported observing a cab driver grab and shove a student as the student was exiting a cab in the 800 block of North 17th Street. MPD was contacted.

At 5:23 a.m., two students were involved in a physical confrontation in O’Donnell Hall, causing injury to one of the students. DPS transported the student to Aurora Sinai Medical Center. The student was treated and released. MPD was contacted.