Fantasy Fix

Play Him: Steve Johnson, WR, Buffalo Bills

Generic name, big time talent. Johnson has been one of the breakout fantasy studs this season, putting up huge receiving numbers in an otherwise stagnant Buffalo offense. Last week, he had a solid seven catches for 68 yards, but has a chance to go bananas this Sunday against the floundering Minnesota Vikings, whose once vaunted defensive line has become Swiss cheese. Play him with confidence, and be sure that he can rack up more yards than he has tattoos, which is saying something.

Sit Him: Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers

It’s always risky benching a fantasy powerhouse, but placing Rivers on the pine this weekend may pay dividends. Although he’s been arguably the best quarterback in the league this season, Rivers struggled on Sunday against a mediocre Colts defense to the tune of just 185 passing yards and no touchdowns. With tight end Antonio Gates battling through an ankle injury, wide receiever Patrick Crayton on the shelf and troubled receiver Vincent Jackson returning to the lineup, team chemistry will be at an all-time low for San Diego. Let Rivers figure out his new-look offense before inserting him back into your starting lineup.

Get Him: Devin Hester, WR, Chicago Bears

The turbo-powered return man is lightning in a bottle on special teams but in three seasons as a receiver in Chicago’s lackluster passing game he’s been basically running on fumes. However, against the surging Eagles, the Bears finally seemed to utilize the speedster the right way, as Hester reeled in three big catches for 86 yards. If this is a sign of things to come, picking up Hester could be a gamble that pays off in the stretch run of the season.