Sports Sideshow

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m slow on keeping up with new trends, like this dance craze that’s evidently sweeping the nation: ‘the Dougie.’ After watching the music video, I’m still not exactly sure how it goes.

All I know is that almost every player who scored a touchdown in the NFL the past couple weeks — Braylon Edwards and Chris Johnson, to name two — had his own spin on the dance. A rare exception to this was Falcons defensive lineman Kory Biermann, who was elated just to get the chance to hold the football for once.

As for me, I have no discernible dancing skill, so I don’t know how to do it, nor do I want anyone to teach me how to ‘Dougie.’

The reason I bring it up is because of the music video parody of the song released by two University of Wisconsin-Madison students called “Teach Me How to Bucky.”

It’s got everything necessary for a Youtube video to go viral — catchy lyrics that include Big Ten rivals, funny visuals, custom t-shirts and a person dressed as a dancing animal. The only thing that could’ve been improved was the timing of the release.

It came out one week before the Badger football team is slated to take on top-ranked Ohio State in Madison. As clever and entertaining as the song is and as well quarterback Scott Tolzien and tailback John Clay have been playing, I don’t see anything that will keep Terrelle Pryor and his teammates from teaching the Badgers how to Buckeye on the Badgers’ home turf.