Women’s soccer wins fifth straight Big East game

The Marquette women’s soccer team kept its perfect Big East record intact with two road victories this weekend, including a 2-1 win over No. 22 Georgetown on Sunday afternoon.

The Golden Eagles (8-3-2 overall, 5-0-0 Big East) had goals from freshman midfielder Taylor Madigan and junior forward Rachael Sloan within five minutes of each other in the win over the Hoyas.

Junior goalkeeper Natalie Kulla recorded six saves while earning her eighth win of the season.

Georgetown scored its lone goal in the 85th minute and outshot the Golden Eagles 10-8 for the game.

Marquette also shut out Villanova 3-0 on Friday afternoon, getting goals from senior midfielder Julia Victor, senior forward Ashley Bares and freshman midfielder Maegan Kelly.

It was Victor’s first tally of the season, while Kelly scored a team-high fourth time this year. Sloane matched her goal tally Sunday afternoon.

Marquette is likely to move back into the national rankings after receiving 56 points in the Hendrickscars.com/NSCAA Top 25 poll last week, which placed Marquette one slot out of the top 25.

The Golden Eagles will complete their season-long five game road trip when they travel to Connecticut and Providence Friday and Sunday, respectively.