LOMBARDI: Dumbledore, who’s next?

In a press conference last week, Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, announced she wrote the Hogwarts Headmaster as a homosexual man.,”So…did you hear J.K. Rowling outed her character Albus Dumbledore?

In a press conference last week, Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, announced she wrote the Hogwarts Headmaster as a homosexual man.

A question that was raised during the conference asked, "Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?"

Rowling responded: "My truthful answer is…I always thought of Dumbledore as gay."

My response to Rowling's revelation is…who's next? Who is the next fictional character to come out, or in Dumbledore's case, be dragged out of the closet?

This question has inspired the creation of the following list of gay characters who I believe will be next to come out of the closet.

Please note I withdraw any and all judgment on all homosexual debates, and the following list is not meant to offend but to inform.

Legolas and Gimli

These two characters from Lord of the Rings are gay…they just need to admit it already.

Gimli and Legolas were always riding on the same horse…that has homosexual symbolism written all over it. They bickered like an old married couple and were obsessed with what the other thought of them.

Finally, (and most importantly) why do you think Orlando Bloom took the role of Legolas? To widen his gay fan base…duh!

Schroeder

He is a piano player in Charlie Brown obsessed with his musical art. He consistently denies the rather hot female character Lucy.

Since its debut in 1966, critics have been asking if "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was Peanuts writer Charles M. Schulz's great gay work. It was even referenced in TV show "Will & Grace" as "It's the Gay Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and was the topic of John Gordon's off-Broadway rendition of the Peanuts comic strip.

Come on Schroeder, it's time to take your piano to San Francisco and start living an honest life.

Snagglepuss

He is a bright pink lion from Yogi Bear who wears a bow tie and followed around his "friends" whose names just happened to be "Yogi Bear" and "Boo Boo."

Not only that, but his infamous catch phrase was "Exit stage left"…and what kind of a cartoon character knows that stage left is, only one who has done some serious community theater. Snagglepuss was gay for sure.

Nick Carraway

Nick is F. Scott Fitzgerald's voice in the Great Gatsby and identifies himself in the first chapter as tolerant, open-minded, the person people usually tell secrets to and a person who has a few secrets himself.

There is some debate as to whether or not he's gay by literary critics.

After all, he has a romantic affair with a female golfer. But, there is a scene in the book where Nick stares at a sleeping half-naked man in a bed.

Considering Fitzgerald is dead and we can't ask him, let me put an end to the debate.Nick was gay. I don't care he had an affair with a female golfer — if a man stares at a half naked man, then I think he's probably gay.

Rowling's revelation of Dumbledore's sexual preference has swept the nation with awe, which I don't understand.

Fictional writers base their stories off of real life, and within real life there is homosexuality. So why is it so shocking that a character in a story is gay?

In conclusion, I want to apologize to Legolas, Gimli, Schroeder, Snagglepuss and Nick. When I asked who's next to come out of the closet I never meant to out you. It's just that, well, I believe you're gay.

It's high time to admit it, guys. You deserve to be happy, and we the readers have been fooled by the heterosexual lie of your plotlines for too long.

So, thank you Rowling for bringing the truth to light and good luck to all those characters I just outed.