Pokrywczynski wins Week Nine

After a strong start with five of the eight noon games correct, Tu-Pok nailed every 3 p.m. game in a Makavelian fashion.

He, as did the Guru, foresaw the upsets of St. Louis by San Francisco and Cincinnati by Arizona. Both wins were keyed by backups as Tim Rattay and Marcel Shipp enjoyed big days.

Shipp carried the ball 29 times for 141 yards, while catching three balls for 24 yards in the Cards' 17-14 victory. In the last two games, Shipp has sailed for 306 yards on 64 carries. Yeah Emmitt, the job is yours as soon as you are healthy…

In San Francisco, it took Rattay to spark the 49ers over the Rams, 30-10. Rattay, who actually throws a better deep ball than Jeff Garcia, hit 19 of 29 passes for 236 yards and three touchdowns. But oddly enough his leading reciever was fullback Fred Beasley, who totaled 46 yards. Meanwhile, Terrell Owens had 17 yards and a touchdown.

This week features some great nationally televised games. On Sunday night the Rams host the Ravens in a clash of 5-3 teams. Both have division championship aspirations and as a result can hardly afford to drop this one.

On Monday the Packers play host to the Eagles. The Pack played its heart out in a 30-27 win over the Vikings Sunday to keep their season from going down the tubes. Led by Ahman Green and Brett Favre, the offense looked as good as it has all year. Donovan McNabb also had a strong Week Nine performance with 312 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions.