Unsung players need more press

What I want to know is where are the Eric Snow jerseys? When is Nike making Air Bruce Bowen shoes? When will card fanatics say, "Hey, I'll trade you my Kevin Garnett Topps Finest for your Michael Curry and Doug Christie cards?" It's a dream that will never come true.

When you hear the name Michael Curry, you do not automatically think of a statistical powerhouse. I remember when Curry played for the Milwaukee Bucks from 1997-99, he was constantly praised for his leadership on and off the court. He taught the young players on the team to lift before and after every game, he challenged every player to give all he had and to know their role on the team and respect it. Is there any coincidence that his first year in Milwaukee concluded with their first playoff appearance in seven years? Curry may not be that talented, but I would want him on my team any day.

Arguably the most underrated player in all of basketball is Doug Christie of the Sacramento Kings. Christie's Velcro-like defense has made him a three-time All-Defensive team selection and he is always found at the top of the league steals leaders. In addition to his defense, he also possesses excellent ball handling and passing skills. Christie has helped the Kings turn from Pacific Division cellar dwellers to title contenders.

All of these guys deserve more publicity for what they mean to their teams. No matter if they are popular amongst the fans and media, these guys are just as important to their teams as integral pieces of the franchise.