Guru calls for cheap shot on Sapp

Well, sorry Simeon.

The all-pro led a Buccaneers' defense that yielded 341 yards to a Stephen Davis-less Panthers offense. Spearheading that effort was quarterback Jake Delhomme, who hit 20-of-32 passes for 277 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

But most impressive, or least impressive from the Bucs' point of view, was Carolina's late game-winning drive on Tampa's vaunted defense. Trailing, 24-20, the Panthers drove 78 yards in just six plays to take the lead on a Steve Smith 5-yard touchdown catch from Delhomme.

So not only was Rice wrong, but the loss fell on his defense's shoulders. The loss drops Tampa to 4-5, while Carolina leads the NFC South at 7-2. If the Bucs want to make up any of that ground, they will have to start against the Packers in Week 11. And that's where it gets interesting.

Last year's game between the old NFC Central rivals ended up with Green Bay coming out on the short end, 21-7. But what most remember from that game is Warren Sapp's hit on the Packer's Chad Clifton, that subsequently put Clifton in the hospital and out for the season. After the game, Green Bay coach Mike Sherman confronted Sapp about the hit, which many thought was a cheap shot — and it was.

So after Sapp blindsided Clifton and put him in the hospital, he went on to insult Sherman and challenge the 48-year-old to an on-field battle. Couple that with Sapp's taunting of opposing teams during preseason warm ups, and the Guru has decided that Sapp is a punk.

Usually when the Guru wishes harm upon a person, he is joking around, but not today. It would only be right if one of the Packers took a cheap shot on Sapp in retribution for last year. Obviously Sapp doesn't find anything wrong with cheap shots, considering he never bothered to apologize to Clifton or even check to see if he was all right in the hospital. Since Sapp has taken to playing offense this year, maybe 340-pound defensive tackle Gilbert Brown could take a shot on his knees and put him out for the rest of the year.

It couldn't happen to a better person.