Moore looks for second win in 4th

Vying for her second consecutive term in the House of Representatives is Democrat Gwen Moore, who currently represents Wisconsin's 4th Congressional District.

First elected to the House in 2004, Moore won nearly 70 percent of the vote in the 4th in defeating Republican Gerald Boyle for the seat vacated by the retiring Jerry Kleczka.

A Racine, Wis., native, Moore graduated from Marquette in 1978 with a degree in political science.

Moore spent a number of years working for the city of Milwaukee, including positions as a neighborhood development specialist, a program and planning analyst and a housing officer for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority.

In 1989, Moore won the first of two consecutive terms in the Wisconsin State Assembly. In 1992, she was elected to the Wisconsin State Senate, where she served until running for United States Congress.

In the House, Moore voted:

?Against the 2005 PATRIOT Act Reauthorization Bill

?Against the 2005 Death/Estate Tax Repeal Permanency Act

?Against the 2006 Secure Fence Act, which authorized an additional 700 miles of fence along the U.S.-Mexican border

?For the 2005 and 2006 Stem Cell Research Bills, which sought to expand funding for embryonic stem cell research

?Against the 2006 Same Sex Marriage Resolution, which proposed a constitutional amendment that would bar same-sex marriages

Health care reform has been a major tenet of Moore's stated agenda in this year's election.

She has voiced support for greater government negotiation with prescription drug companies to lower drug prices and more drug importation from approved nations such as Canada. She also supports a universal health care system.

Moore currently resides in Milwaukee. She has three children and three grandchildren.