Gypsy Influences

gypsy 1Gypsy Influences: style and makeup

Rich, warm and vibrant colors are the perfect segue from summer to fall. Before it gets too cold, I wanted to showcase the use of the gypsy influences of fashion. Exemplifying, off the shoulder ruffled shirts, maxi skirts and the transition into strong paisley prints. Take advantage of the amount of warm weather we have left and incorporate this style into your wardrobe.

I love the strong prints and fabrics that go along with the ‘gypsy’ look. When I was little,  I remember thinking Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame was so beautiful. There’s something very exotic and powerful about this type of style.

Accessories play a large role in this style. Mixing your golds, silvers and metallic are encouraged. In the image to the left, model Ruby Aldridge wears a cross necklace and dramatic earrings. Her look flows together and looks effortless. The colors are definitely suited for fall. It’s feminine but still gives off a strong attitude.

And as for the makeup, fall is probably my favorite time to experiment with dramatic makeup because it’s the perfect weather for it. You don’t sweat it off and it stays crisp all day. A dark smoky eye, contoured cheeks and a burgundy lip can work so well with gypsy influences. Besides fashion, makeup is such a great way to get noticed. I would love to see girls get creative and exotic throughout campus with their makeup and style.

These are some of my favorite looks and inspirations:

(Image from style.com)

gypsy 3

gypsy 5 Kate Moss for a Salvatore Ferragamo campaign. I love the off the shoulder dress. The print is beautiful. It’s flowy but yet has structure of the shoulders, a great combination.

Her earrings are simple but frame her face perfectly due to her sleek bun with the French braid wrap. I just love this look.

The makeup is also one of my favorite things about the campaign. Her skin is glowing due to her highlight and strong contour. Plus, she’s a supermodel so of course she has amazing cheekbones. The sculpted brow is always in and he purple toned lip is a must have for fall. It looks great on all skin tones. However, for the ones who are more pale like me, definitely contour your face with some bronzer or brown matte shadow to add dimension and warmth to the face.

(Images from marieclaire.co.uk and metro.co.uk)

my favorite

Natasha Poly’s lips are perfect. I love this look and the flowing hair.

gypsy 7

gypsy 9

I love the effortless smoky eye for Emilio Pucci.

gypsy 8

gypsy 12

gypsy 10

gypsy 6

Emilio Pucci and Salvatore Ferragamo images from style.com)

As much as I love all of these looks, it sinks into my head that I cannot obtain them. These are just inspiration and it doesn’t take much effort to tone it down. You can find something that looks like each piece and dress it down if we can’t look identical to the models on the runway or have the expenses.

Shopping for less: My recommendation for incorporating this style into your wardrobe is THRIFT. There are so many cool pieces if you look hard enough. Ideas are everywhere. And online shops are your best friend. Asos, Nastygal, Unif, Forever 21 and H&M are great places to look into.

gypsy 11

This blogger’s look is all from Asos. (lookbook.nu)

gypsy 13

This blogger got her outfit by thrifting and inexpensive online shopping.

http://lookbook.nu/look/2113761-Hallelu-Skirt-Fashionpash-Heels-Vintage-Bustier