Earth Tones

The leaves are starting to turn and that can only mean one thing… Fall is just around the corner.

Scarves, cardigans, sweaters, boots, and pumpkin-spice everything are going to be dominating Marquette quickly. Personally, I’m a summer child, but one of my favorite things about fall is bundling up with earth tones and comfy knits.

Mixing olive, maroon, and pumpkin tones to a basic outfit can spice up almost any look. Buying a few key fall items can keep your wardrobe and wallet happy.

Colored pants are great for fall. They add a subtle pop of color and can be paired with any basic tee you already have. They keep you warm and look super cute with some tall riding boots. They also work with various looks and can suit your own style.

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 4.08.15 PM Total Stud Skinny Jeans $24

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 4.10.45 PM Zippered Faux Leather Trimmed Skinnies $28

Knits are great for keeping warm in the cooler weather. You can keep a summer-style outfit then just add the sweater or cardigan for that fall touch. You can slip it on over a dress, shorts and shirt, or layer it up with a jean jacket on top.

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 4.12.21 PMRefined Button Cardigan $25

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 4.15.24 PM Urban Renewal Vintage Boyfriend Cardigan $44

You can also mix and match earth tones to have the true fall look. Try on different options of what you already have to see what works with your style without buying an entire fall wardrobe.