Back to basics – maxi dress

Siobhan maxi dress
Siobhan maxi dress

bit.ly/13TWPPJ

Maxi dresses have become a favorite of mine in the past year. When I’m lazy and don’t feel like getting creative with putting together an outfit to wear, I simply slip on my maxi dress with flip-flops and go. Maxi dresses are normally made with a thin fabric that makes them comfortable to wear out and about at anytime of the day.  There are multiple styles that one can choose from when picking out their maxi dress, whether it’s a strapless, A-line, or tank top cut on the top part of the dress. Maxis also vary in style at the bottom of the dress. Some maxis have a slit on one side, allowing you to show a little bit of leg. There also are “high-low” maxi dresses, that slant down and are longer in the back than the front.

I personally love my strapless black and lavender maxi dresses that I got at Forever 21, for just 15 dollars each. I like to pair my maxi dresses with a gold choker necklace and gladiator sandals or wedges.  Although maxi dresses are great for the summer, they also can be worn in the spring and fall. In the fall, I tend to match mine with a black leather jacket, a wrap around scarf, and short boots. I’ll usually put my hair up in a high bun. In the spring, I wear my maxi with a jean jacket and wear flats or sandals. How you wear your maxi is up to you. There are many different patterns and styles to choose from, so there is bound to be one that fits your own unique style.

Key hint: I recommend trying on maxi dresses at the store, rather than buying them online. This will allow you to determine how much fabric you wish to have covering your body. You’ll also be able to tell if the dress falls too short or too long. I’m 5’3″ and normally face the issue of the maxi dress being too long. However, if you really like the maxi dress but find it’s too long, you can always hem it to make it the perfect length.

Crossing paths maxi dress
Crossing paths maxi dress

http://bit.ly/13c3zF0

Strapless maxi dress
Strapless maxi dress

bit.ly/1bxkEyF

Ruffle-hem hi-low tube dress
Ruffle-hem hi-low tube dress

bit.ly/1aZHQqd

Rae cuts back maxi dress
Rae cuts back maxi dress

bit.ly/198yfLX

Tricks of the trade black striped maxi dress

bit.ly/12TQrkc

Lace maxi dress
Lace maxi dress

bit.ly/13r3lur

Rooftop garden backless maxi dress
Rooftop garden backless maxi dress

bit.ly/13udOnz

Slit second maxi dress
Slit second maxi dress

bit.ly/15SMvp6

Caged in back maxi dress
Caged in back maxi dress

bit.ly/124ViVK