Raising a Voice for the Voiceless

Today marks the second day of Sexual Violence Awareness Week at Marquette University. An email from new President, Father Pilarz, sets the tone for the week, advocating new resources on campus and clarifying Marquette’s recent efforts to improve its response to sexual assault.

“We can make a difference,” he concludes in his email. With a week of awareness-raising activites, that mantra rings true.

Starting tomorrow, students can participate in the week’s following activities:

Sept. 20, True Life: I’ve Been Sexually Assaulted, 8:30 p.m.

Sept. 21, Soup With Substance: Relationships, Sex and Violence on a College Campus, 12:00 p.m. AMU 157

Sept. 21, The Road to Shamelessness: A Survivor’s True Story of Rape and Recovery, 7:00 p.m., Weasler Auditorium

Sept. 23, Rock Against Rape, 8:00 p.m., Straz Tower Auditorium

Tonight for dinner, be sure to eat at Q-doba. Present to them the yellow coupon floating around campus and 10% of sales will be donated to the Sexual Assault Treatment Center.

Around the AMU? Check out Men Against Sexual Violence particpate in a teeter-totter marathon.

Let your actions speak for the voiceless. Together, we can make a difference to improve physical, spiritual, emotional and mental wellness on campus.

That’s all for Health Nut. Be sure to email [email protected] with any questions, inquiries or blog post ideas!