Spring Break swimsuits

Ah. Swimsuits. Those uncomfortably non-flattering items we awkwardly step our ghostly bodies into every March.

Unless you’re the “I go tanning in my free time” type, the mere mention of a swimsuit probably sends your mind into a bit of a frenzied panic: does last years swimsuit still fit?! Is it faded out from a summer on the beach?! Is it starting to tear in all the wrong places?!

The answer to these questions, for me at least, tends to be yes year after year. So today I would like to point you in the direction of three swimsuits that promise not only a suit you’ll be excited to wear (yes, really!) but one that will flatter you no matter what. Yes, they might be a little bit pricier than last years string bikini from Target, but these suits will last more than one season, and will leave you feeling girly when you hit the sand in a few weeks.

Image taken from http://www.anthropologie.com/

1. Anthropologie Kamini Swimsuit: Yes, it’s not the most revealing swimsuit in the entire world. And that’s exactly why you should wear it. With an old fashioned cut and classic sailor feel, this swimsuit eliminates the love handle effect. Which is completely worth the $88 this suit costs, in my opinion. I think wearing it would make you feel like a fancy lady on a yacht, even if you’re lounging by the pool in Mexico. A simultaneously flattering and modest swimsuit. Score.

Image taken from http://www.freepeople.com/

2. Free People High Neck Bikini: At $78, this swimsuit top is a little pricey. But you could wear a basic black bottom that you already own, or any bottom you own for that matter. What I love about this swimsuit is not only the cut (which would look good on any woman), but the way it almost looks like you’re going to a dinner party and not the beach. The ultra pretty criss cross back helps too, of course. The only downside: you can’t detach that pretty metallic neckline and wear it around town.

Image taken from http://www.madewell.com/

3. Madewell Meadowbloom Swimsuit: I think that patterned swimsuits are just far more interesting than solid ones, and if you are looking for a simple, pretty one piece Madewell has got you covered (pun completely intended). At $90, this suit isn’t a bad price at all, particularly if you are looking for a more modest, feminine suit. Plus, the white base color will make even the most fair skinned look tan right from the beginning, and act as an ego boosting comparison for how pale you were at the beginning of your vacation.

Like last week, here is the Pinterest board for this week. Be sure to check back throughout the week as I post some of my favorites.