The (A-OK)CM Awards

This past Sunday was the Academy of Country Music Awards and surprisingly, the fashion wasn’t awful.  A lot of these people come from the South, which isn’t exactly known for dressing well, so I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of camouflage, hunter orange, and daisy dukes.

I gotta get this first one over with quickly though; hate the girl, but I can’t deny my love for this dress.

taylor

Whew, now onto the others.

Under the category of “why exactly were you there?”, we have Kaley Kuoco. I love everything about this dress: the color, the fit, the design, the length. It’s extremely flattering on her and creates a wonderful shape.

kaley

On the other hand, her hair from the front looks kind of peacock-y, but from the side it doesn’t look so bad.

Under the category of “does she ever look bad?”, we have Carrie Underwood. Not feeling her hair too much in this one, but I love the dress so I’m not gonna take points off.

carrie

Under the category of “Meh”, we have Sheryl Crow. I can’t decide whether or not I like her outfit. It fits her hippie-dippie, au naturale personality, but I think it’s a little too 70’s to me. It’s been 40 years Sheryl, get with the times. The gold is kind of fun, though.

cheryl

Under the category of “gold star for effort”, Shania Twain appears. The dress itself isn’t awful—kind of basic but not too boring—but those boots……………

48th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards - Arrivals

Give them back to Lara Croft or Kim Kardashian or whatever dominatrix you borrowed them from and get yourself a pair of strappy black (or colored) heels instead.

And last but not least, under the category of “it’s like a trainwreck: you want to look away but you just can’t”, we have Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife.

48th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards - Red Carpet

It’s like they’re staring right at me…yeesh.

All images courtesy of justjared.com or Google Images.