Not Happy with Election Results? You’re Not Alone

Photo taken from Telegraph.co

It’s inevitable to have a number of upset citizens after this past election, but nobody expected them to take it this far. A total of 36 states have filed petitions for a peaceful succession from the U.S. due to President Obama’s re-election, including Marquette’s wonderful state of Wisconsin.

According to ABC news, all these petitions came through The White House website under the section entitled “We the People.” Citizens can submit petitions to the website, and the White House will view them if they have over 25,000 signatures.

Although this trend of petitions started with Louisiana, it seems Texas has taken the lead on the number of supporters. Texas has gained over 77,000 signatures, which triples the amount of signatures needed to have The White House take it into consideration. The Governor of Texas, Rick Perry, has no support for the secession petition, but says Texas is in a state of dissatisfaction with the federal government, according to FOX6 News Milwaukee.

So is there a chance the United States will soon change its name to the Divided States? Most likely not, but if Obama thought he had nothing but smooth sailing ahead of him, he has another thing coming. I guess it’s true what they say, “Don’t Mess with Texas!” and 35 other states for that matter.

Here are all the states that currently have petitions to secede:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.