Best of Milwaukee’s Karaoke Bars

It’s been a hard, stressful week. Professors don’t seem to understand that their class isn’t the only one. Your boyfriend dumped you. All you want to do is grab a microphone, let loose and pretend you’re Adele. We can help you out with that. Here are some of Milwaukee’s best karaoke bars, for when you’re ready to graduate from the shower to center stage.

Up & Under Pub

Where? 1216 E. Brady St.

When? Every Wednesday from 9:30 p.m. until close.

Located on Brady Street, Up & Under Pub was voted “Best Karaoke Bar” by OnMilwaukee.com readers three years in a row. The Up & Under Pub is famous for it’s live music seven days a week, and its Battle of the Bands competitions and Open Mic nights. Plus, there’s no cover charge, so your friends will have no excuse when you invite them to cheer you on.

Milwaukee Ale House

Where? 233 N. Water St.

When? Thursday’s from 10 p.m. until close

Located in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward neighborhood, the Milwaukee Ale House is the place to enjoy good food, drink, company and those amateur singers belting their hearts out. The Milwaukee Ale House has been voted “Best Live Music Venue” several times by various Milwaukee publications, so don’t be the exception.

Fire On Water

Where? 5108 N. Water St.

When? First Thursday of every month starting at 9 p.m.

Karaoke is a new addition to the calendar of events at the popular Fire On Water bar. Held on the first Thursday every month, Fire on Water has hundreds of songs plus backing by a live band. Get ready to rock out and satisfy your “American Idol” dreams.

Frank’s Power Plant

Where? 2800 S. Kinnicknnic Ave.

When? See their website for dates

Frank’s Power Plant hosts “Moonlight Karaoke”  every two weeks. There’s no live band and no elaborate lighting, just you, the microphone and those letters scrolling on the screen. Are you up to the challenge?

Safe House

Where? It’s a secret! But really, it’s 779 N. Front St.

When? Wednesdays starting at 1o p.m.

If you can figure out the password, Milwaukee’s Safe House is a spy-themed, unique venue. With karaoke and a late-night menu, it’s more than a top-secret karaoke night, it’s an experience. If you went through all that trouble to get in, you better get ready to give everything you’ve got.  (Psst! Get there before 8 p.m. and maybe they won’t ask you for a password, just maybe).

• A

AlexMar 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Where’s the New Yorker??