Marquette introduces new parking permit system for Spring semester

Marquette+introduces+their+new+tier+system.+%0A%0AMarquette+Wire+stock+photo.+
Marquette introduces their new tier system. Marquette Wire stock photo.

Student parking permits for the spring semester will go on sale through a new tiered system beginning Tuesday, Nov. 28.

Commuter students will have priority and be able to purchase non-24-hour permits on Nov. 28. Graduate students, seniors and juniors, including law and dental, are able to purchase 24-hour permits on Dec. 5. Following that, sophomores can purchase their permits on Dec. 12 and first-year students on Dec. 19.

For 24-hour parking permits, it will cost students $345 per semester. For full-time commuters, the price is $226 per semester.

Registration opens each day at 9 a.m. CST. Permits can be picked up at the parking office at the Alumni Memorial Union’s Union Station beginning Jan. 9, 2024.

What was the process for purchasing permits last year?

Prior to this change, students were assigned days to receive a parking pass through Marquette Parking Services page. Students who rely on car transportation to and from campus, such as commuters, were prioritized.

At the start of last school year, over 400 students were on the waitlist for parking permits.

Where can students park with a permit?

Students with permits can park in the Wells Street Parking Lot located at 1240 W. Wells St. or the Sixteenth Street Parking Lot located at 749 N. 16th St.

To enter and exit parking structures on campus, students with permits must have their MUID and a valid hang tag. The permit must be displayed on the vehicle when parking on campus.

What do students need to purchase a parking permit?

To purchase a parking permit, you will need your Marquette username and password, the vehicle’s make, model and color, a state license, license number and credit card information.

Graduate students can pay for parking permits via payroll deduction by contacting Parking Services at 414-288-6911 before purchasing a permit.

Permits must be paid in full.

Where can students without parking permits park?

Without permits, students are subjected to ticketing. To avoid citations, contact Marquette’s Parking Services Office to register the vehicle. It is advised by Parking Services that drivers read all signs carefully and abide by the posted regulations.

You can find more information on parking permits, rules and regulations here.

This story was written by Hope Moses. She can be reached at [email protected].