Must-see Netflix movies to watch before Halloween

Here are 5 movies that are on Netflix and that everyone should see before Halloween this year.
Photo by via wikimedia commons

As the weather becomes more chilly, students may be looking to spend more time inside, pull out all the comfy sweaters, and grab some hot chocolate from Starbucks. What better way to spend your time indoors with hot chocolate and sweaters than by watching Netflix movies?

Since Halloween is coming up, take advantage of your Netflix subscription by watching one of these scary and mysterious movies. Not only will they bring the Halloween spirit, but also give you an excuse to stay inside. And while some are classics and others a bit more contemporary, they all make for a good scare. Here’s a look at five movies that you should watch on Netflix before this upcoming Halloween. 

The Shining (1980): Based on Stephen King’s novel, this classic takes place in a haunted hotel in Colorado, which a writer,  played by Jack Nicholson, and his family settle in. The writer and his family are terrorized by the supernatural residents at the hotel.  

Scooby-Doo (2002): Jinkies! This is the first movie of the live-action movie series of Scooby-Doo. The Mystery gang is back together after 2 years and finds themselves investigating a mystery together on a popular horror resort. The sequel, “Scooby-Doo 2: Monster Unleashed,” is also on Netflix.  

Coraline (2009): Tim Burton’s “Coraline” follows the adventures of a young girl, voiced by Dakota Fanning, who discovers a secret door where she travels to a seemingly fun parallel universe. But when she has to decide whether to stay or return home, she will learn that her “perfect” world is far more frightening than she thought it would be.

Nancy Drew (2007): Everyone’s favorite teen detective is back at it again in a modern way of mystery solving. Nancy Drew (Emma Roberts) accompanies her father on a business trip to Los Angeles and the young teen promises her father that she would stay out of trouble, and be normal, but she found evidence from a movie star’s long-unsolved death which leads her to investigate.

The Conjuring (2013): Based on a true story, this movie follows the paranormal happenings the Perrons and their 5 daughters experienced in 1970 after they moved into a supposedly charming farmhouse in Rhode Island. Everything seems fine until disturbing paranormal activities take over their house, which they later learn was once the site of a horrendous murder.  Lorraine and Ed Warren are called to investigate the noises and spiritual presence inside the house.  If you cannot get enough of this terrifying movie then you can watch “The Conjuring 2” which is on Netflix.