Twitter Tuesday: Broadway actors to follow

Singing, acting, dancing, tweeting- Broadway stars can do it all. If you are looking to gain some inspiration, or some insights about living a life of fame, here are five Broadway actors to follow on Twitter.

1. Lin-Manuel Miranda @Lin_Manuel (“Hamilton”)

“Hamilton” seems to be the only musical anyone can talk about recently. Get a head start by following Lin-Manuel Miranda, who not only plays Hamilton, but is also responsible for writing the music, lyrics and book. It’s easy to see how he has been able to wear so many hats; even his Twitter has a comedic and easy-going feel. If a hip-hop history musical does not make you smile, his Twitter will.

2. James Monroe Iglehart @jamesmiglehart (“Aladdin”)

James Monroe Iglehart steals the spotlight in “Aladdin” as the Genie, fulfilling his Twitter bio which says, “My life is about Laughs, Love, Great stories, & Hogging the Spotlight! You can always find me Center stage…” While he may come off as egocentric, his tweets show that he has a big heart for his loved ones and an even bigger heart for comedy and the arts.

3. Carrie St. Louis @carriestlouis (“Wicked”)

After a long tour, Carrie St. Louis is joining the Broadway cast of “Wicked,” and will be reprising her role from the tour as Glinda. Apart from sharing her excitement, St. Louis often acknowledges her fans. From her profile picture to her constant use of emojis, bubbly personality and gratitude, it is clear that St. Louis “couldn’t be happier.” Following her will brighten up your newsfeed.

4. Jake Odmark @JakeOdmark (“Kinky Boots”)

Jake Odmark, has had an array of roles in “Kinky Boots” and “Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.” When not wearing red boots or flying through the air, Odmark is part of Apollo Link, a three man music group comprised of Broadway veterans. He is always tweeting sneak peaks and new videos.

5. Laura Michelle Kelly @lauramkelly (“Finding Neverland”)

If you want constant updates on a brand new hit show, follow Laura Michelle Kelly. Her twitter encompasses her passion for her work. From new cast members, extra rehearsals, breaking Broadway news, and reprises of hit songs, she’s got you covered. Kelly also Tweets inspirational quotes for quick pick-me-ups.