Whole Nine Yards Week 15

Texans' quarterback Matt Schaub has a great matchup against Indianapolis this week. Photo via sinfl.files.wordpress.com
Texans’ quarterback Matt Schaub has a great matchup against Indianapolis this week. Photo via sinfl.files.wordpress.com

QB-

Start: Matt Schaub (Texans) vs. Colts – It was a rough three-game road trip for Schaub and the Texans, capped off by an embarrassing blowout loss to the Patriots on Monday night. However, the Texans return home this week against the Colts, and Schaub put up more than 500 yards and five touchdowns in its last home game. Don’t expect that much, but Schaub’s numbers are much better at home than on the road over the course of the season.

Sit: Robert Griffin III (Redskins) vs. Browns – RG3 sustained a knee sprain that looked much worse than it turned out to be, but the early indication is that he still won’t start against the Browns. Even if he does, his mobility will not be 100 percent. Kirk Cousins looked more than ready to take the reins of the offense in an impressive comeback against the Ravens, and he should be considered for RG3 owners.

Sleeper Start: Phillip Rivers (Chargers) vs. Panthers – Rivers had a nice day against a fading Steelers team last week and he appears to have the Chargers rolling as they head home to face the Panthers. In fantasy playoffs, it isn’t about body of work as much as it is who’s hot right now, and Rivers appears to be heating up.

RB-

Start: Marshawn Lynch (Seattle) vs. Bills – Although Lynch only carried the ball 11 times against the Cardinals, he had his best performance of the season, rushing for 128 yards and three touchdowns. This week he faces a Bills defense that has given up monster performances to just about any team that commits to the run. There is also the potential for rain or snow up in Buffalo, which will contribute to how much the Seahawks rely on Lynch.

Sit: Beanie Wells (Cardinals) vs. Lions – Let’s put aside the fact that Arizona lost their ninth game in a row after starting 4-0. The Cardinals phased out Wells and are instead looking for William Powell and others to distinguish themselves as the No. 1 guy for next year. Not much fantasy value to speak of in Arizona right now.

Sleeper Start: Shonn Greene (Jets) vs. Titans – Greene is starting to see more action as the Jets try and work around Mark Sanchez’s inconsistent quarterback play. Tennessee has given up double digit fantasy performances in every game where the opponent has rushed at least 20 times. Greene has averaged 22 carries over the last two games.

WR-

Start: Lance Moore (Saints) vs. Buccaneers – This game has the makings of another shootout, which bodes well for Moore, who caught nine passes for 121 yards in the Saints’ previous meeting with the Bucs.

Sit: Jeremy Maclin (Eagles) vs. Bengals – Maclin is coming off his second-best performance of the season against Tampa Bay, but he’s hampered by a groin injury going into this Thursday’s matchup with the Bengals. Nick Foles will likely struggle to get him the ball due to the Bengals strong pass rush.

Sleeper Start: Anquan Boldin (Ravens) vs. Broncos – Boldin has caught three touchdowns in the last two games against Pittsburgh and Washington. Although the number of targets is not quite where you’d like it to be, he’s seeing them near the end zone which is always good.

Waiver Wire-

Add: Giants RB David Wilson (Owned in 32 percent of Yahoo! Leagues) – With Ahmad Bradshaw potentially sidelined this week and Wilson breaking out for 100 yards and two touchdowns in his absence, he looks like a good option for a fill in or flex play.

Add: Bengals WR Andrew Hawkins (Owned in 17 percent of Yahoo! Leagues) – Hawkins saw 8 targets in his last game and is starting to earn a solid slot receiver role in the Bengals offense. He is a scrappy player in the mold of a Wes Welker, but not nearly as prolific at this point.

Drop: Bills RB Fred Jackson (Owned in 82 percent of Yahoo! Leagues) – Jackson’s season is over after he sustained a knee injury in the fourth quarter of the Bills’ loss to the Rams. Christmas comes early for C.J. Spiller owners as coach Chan Gailey says that Spiller will carry the load for the remainder of the season.