MU players talk Sweet 16

Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom

On seniors not being as highly regarded as they used to be:

Crowder: “I think there’s a fair amount of seniors out there that really know how to play basketball and can play basketball, not just in talent, but play overall and play basketball and have talent all in one.”

DJO: “I think the senior class are guys who are built to play now at the next level. They went through hard times and they have matured as a basketball player, because they were able to go through those things.”

Journey to get to this point:

Crowder: “I’ve matured in the sense of on and off the court. Through all I’ve been through, it has helped me tremendously to grow as a person.”

Style of the game playing Florida:

Crowder: “Both teams like to get up and down. We just finished a game, we were playing against Murray State, they liked to get up and down, as well. We can adjust to any kind of tempo there is to play.”

DJO: “Florida has a great team. They do a lot of things well in transition. For us I think we know when to play fast and when to play in the half court game. I think that’s the difference between the two teams.”

Learn from the loss to Louisville in the Big East Tournament:

DJO: “Everybody knows in our program when we don’t play with energy we’re not good at all. And that was the main focus, the main thing. When we’re just playing hard, then the results are pretty positive.”

Jamil Wilson

Playing as a starter in the NCAA Tournament:

There really are no words you can put on it. I wouldn’t have wanted to go through it (the season) with any other guys. I think we handle things great, and that comes down from our coach who leads us aseople, not just as players.”

Know about Florida:

“I don’t know too much about Florida. All I heard about was Billy Donovan when they won championships back-to-back. I know a couple guys that play on the team Kenny (Boynton) and I played USA trials with Erving (Walker) in Colorado. I know they shoot a lot of threes but not too much.”

Junior Cadougan

On what it’s like playing point guard with DJO and Crowder:

“It’s great. It makes my job easier because when I give it to them for the most part they make plays for themselves. It makes the game easier.”

On what the team learned from North Carolina loss last year:

“I think in the North Carolina game last year our bodies were beat up. We were a bit flat and I don’t think we were as focused as we are this year. Our bodies feel a little better and we’re ready to go.