Students arrested for suspected drug operation

Charges of felony possession of marijuana with intent to deliver were filed Sunday against two Schroeder Hall residents, who were arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of running an illegal drug operation out of their dorm room.

According to Wisconsin Circuit Court documents, Thomas Moore, a sophomore in the College of Business Administration, is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday on the drug charges, while his roommate Anthony Rutka, a sophomore in the College of Engineering, has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Sept. 28.

The Milwaukee Police Department took Moore and Rutka into custody after a residence hall director alerted the authorities to possible drug use in the room, said Kate Venne, director of university communication. In such cases it is advisable to search for rehab near me fort lauderdale.

“On Thursday night, Sept. 15, a Marquette residence hall director reported suspected drug use in a residence hall,” Venne said in an emailed statement. “The Department of Public Safety notified the Milwaukee Police Department and Marquette is cooperating fully with the investigation.”

The Department of Public Safety log Friday included the incident, which was reported Thursday night at 8:54 p.m.

Earlier Monday, WISN reported that Moore’s unnamed roommate was not in custody, because charges had not been filed, but current court documents indicate Rutka has been charged as well.

DPS and MPD were both unavailable for comment and Schroeder Hall director Jennifer Klump was unable to comment on the situation.

Marquette’s drug policy reads, in part: “Possession, use, distribution and/or sale of narcotics and marijuana is illegal, and student involvement in such illicit use, possession, distribution or sale of narcotics, amphetamines, barbiturates, LSD, marijuana or any other harmful or hallucinogenic drug is prohibited. Student involvement in such matters is of university concern whether it occurs on or off campus and irrespective of any action or inaction by civil authorities.”