Concert marketing plan, Rec Center report revealed at MUSG meeting

In a 15-minute Marquette Student Government meeting Thursday night, Communications Vice President Ashley Christophersen announced MUSG has started formulating a marketing plan regarding this year’s MUSG-sponsored Spring Concert. The announcement of the artist performing the concert is expected to be made later this month or early in March.

Last year, mash-up artist Girl Talk performed in the Alumni Memorial Union’s ballroom on April 20th for the MUSG Spring Concert.

President Meghan Ladwig, a senior in the College of Arts & Sciences, said a detailed report on the current and future state of the Rec Center is available in the MUSG office. She said she and administrators had closely collaborated to produce the report.

Student Life Committee chair Katie Simonic, a junior in the College of Communication, announced the McCormick Hall MUSG senators have created a four-question survey related to the Rec Center.

The survey will explore the interest of using space in the basement of McCormick as a workout area for students living in the building.

Drew Halunen, business and administration committee chairperson, said his committee is looking into the campus connectivity and re-authentication process. He said he felt he had to sign-in to the Marquette wireless network to get online more than in the past. Halunen is a sophomore in the College of Arts & Sciences.