Men’s Tennis Brief

The Marquette men’s tennis team announced Tuesday that it has signed two new recruits for the 2010-’11 season.

Logon Collins from Tulsa, Okla., and Daniil Mamalat from Philadelphia, both signed National Letters of Intent to arrive at Marquette in the fall and will have four years of eligibility with the Golden Eagles.

Collins comes from Union High School and, according to TennisRecruiting.net, is a four-star recruit who has experienced success playing for the amateur and prep circuits. While at Union, Collins played for two state championship teams and was ranked in the top 150 in the nation.

As a sophomore, Collins picked up the Oklahoma doubles title and has played No. 1 singles each of his last two seasons. He was a two-time team captain and as a junior he went undefeated in singles action with a record of 20-0. Collins also has a great academic record as well. He is a member of the National Honor Society and an academic all-conference selection.

According to TennisRecruiting.net, Mamalat is a five-star prospect and was among the top 60 in the nationĀ in the Boys 18s division. While playing at that level, Mamalat has won a pair of doubles sectional titles and one singles championship. In his prep career, Mamalat lost just one singles match and has collected a pair of city crowns competing for his high school, William Penn Charter School. In the past, Mamalat has been ranked No. 1 in the middle states region in singles and has a doubles title at an ITA tournament.